Speech-Language Pathology Services are designed to address the communication needs of children ages 3 – 22 who have been identified as having a communication disorder and may come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. These services are provided by certified and licensed speech-language pathologists and/or speech-language pathologist assistants. Roundtree Group SLP staff will:
- Provide direct and indirect services for students who meet the IDEIA definition of speech impairment
- Implement dynamic service delivery methods consistent with the wide variety of individual student needs and present levels of functioning, that fosters student engagement an adequate progress on speech-language IEP goals.
- Develop appropriate individual education plans (IEP’s) including the reviewing and monitoring of student progress on IEP goals and objectives for those receiving speech-language therapy.
- Participate in the district’s Response to Intervention (RTI) process to assist with concerns related to speech and language that follows federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Serve as case manager of students whose only special education identified disability is speech-language impairment (SI) including scheduling and conducting all committee meetings, indirect/consultation services, direct services, and documentation of services following federal, state and district guidelines.
- Complete Full and Individual Evaluations (FIEs) that are comprehensive and include data from a variety of sources (parent information, teacher information, standardized and nonstandardized assessment, information from cognitive assessments if applicable, etc.) and develop recommendations for or against SI eligibility based on these data sources, educational necessity, and state-presented eligibility guidelines.
- Participate as a multi-disciplinary team member for assessments/evaluations and IEP committee meetings when a student is identified with another disability and who is also receiving or recommended for speech therapy evaluation or services.